How To Wear Trench Coat? We are playing with the classic trench and a modern interpretation of the classic style. The trench is such a great investment piece because it’s a wonderful transeasonal item, very versatile, and timeless. Even though it’s meant to be waterproofed, I’d say it’s more of a water repellent. The cotton fibers are tightly woven so that it takes longer for water to seep through during rain. When selecting a trench coat, I highly suggest looking for one that is mid to heavy weight so that it can endure harsh weather.
Perhaps it’s the classic shape or timeless appeal, but there’s something so effortlessly chic about a trench coat. Not only is it a stylish outerwear piece for transitioning from summer to fall, it also goes with just about every darn thing in your closet. Need proof? Read more to find out couple of unexpectedly cool ways for pairing the Trench Coat, and if you don’t have one yet, shop your favorite!
How to Wear a Trench Coat – Trench Coat Pairings
12 Ways How To Wear Trench Coat
- For an easy off-duty model look, cinch your trench coat around your waist, and pair it with slouchy jeans and sneakers.
- Temper the sex appeal of a lace top by teaming it with your classic trench and trousers.
- Leave a gap when tying your trench coat to show off a stylish staple layered underneath, like a striped button-down shirt.
- Pair a black trench coat with skinny jeans and bright red pumps for a subtly sexy ensemble that’s Emmanuelle Alt-approved.
- Need a fresh way to wear your trench to the office? Try this: Layer a button-down shirt underneath a printed cardigan and complete the look with sophisticated separates, like tailored trousers, a tan trench coat, and pointy-toed pumps.
- Rainy day style: Trench coat + Striped dress
- Experiment with a French-girl look, and match your trench coat with a Breton-stripe tee, cigarette jeans, and black pumps.
- How to wear white trench coat over plaid pants.
- Balance an alluring slit skirt with a tissue-thin turtleneck, silky trench coat, and platform loafers.
- Elongate your legs by wearing your trench with a denim shirt and cutoffs.
- Contrast a bright ensemble with a neutral trench coat.
- Achieve a prep school-inspired look by accessorizing your trench coat with a leather backpack and ankle socks.
You can’t have a trench coat roundup without mentioning Burberry, right?
Burberry Brit Hooded Taffeta Trench Coat. Price, $795: Click Here
Burberry Showerproof Cotton Blend Trench Coat. Price, $1,795: Click Here